If no audio recording is made:
- On the Monitoring Settings, make sure Audio is enabled. Also check the audio recording options on the Audio: Edit Settings window:
- Also note that, if Audio recording is enabled, Teramind Agent connects to the server on a random UDP ports in the range 1000-65535 to send the audio recordings. Make sure UDP ports in that range are enabled and open from the endpoint to the server.
If you cannot hear both sides of a conversation (e.g. only the speaker or the microphone is recorded):
- Go to your Windows audio settings. Make sure that the audio devices you want to record are set as primary/default audio for input and output:
- You can also try turning on the options: MONITOR ALL INPUT DEVICES and/or MONITOR ALL OUTPUT DEVICES on the Audio: Edit Settings window.
If the audio is not recorded for some applications:
This may be more of an issue with the audio/call software taking control over the microphone because some applications will lock access to recording and playback devices to prevent other applications from interfering.
Please try this adjustment of the computer to disable "Exclusive-Mode" of the microphone. To do that on Windows 10:
- Right-click the speaker icon on the system tray and select Open Sound settings:
- Click the Device properties under the Input section:
- Click the Additional device properties link under the Related Settings section:
- Click the Advanced tab and uncheck Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device:
- You may also want to repeat the above steps for other Output and Input devices on the computer as well.