The in-app support ticketing system is available to the Cloud customers only. On-Premise/Private Cloud customers can do the following to contact our support team:
Generating a support PIN
Before you create a support ticket, it is a good idea to renew your support PIN. A support PIN is a temporary access code that will allow our support agent to access your dashboard without requiring your username and password.
Teramind Support will never ask for your username and password. If Teramind Support needs to access your account to assist you with a support inquiry, we will always ask your permission, and we will ask you to give us access by sending us this PIN number.
The PIN is onetime use only and will automatically expire after the first use. As a best practice, you should renew the PIN each time you request our agent(s) to access your dashboard and clear it once they are done.
To manage your support PIN:
- Click MY ACCOUNT then click the SUPPORT PIN tab:
- Click the RENEW button to generate a new support PIN.
- Click the COPY button to copy the PIN to the clipboard (so that you can paste it in a message).
- Click the CLEAR button to clear the support PIN. The agent(s) will not be able to access the dashboard if you clear the PIN.
Creating a new support ticket
- Click MY ACCOUNT then click the SUPPORT tab:
- Click the +Add new ticket. The screen will change for you to enter the ticket details:
- Choose a category that best fits your issue from the Choose category drop-down menu. For example, Antivirus / firewall, Data not captured, Billing
- Enter a Subject.
- Describe your issue in as much details as possible in the Description
- You can drag and Drop files or click the Browse files link to upload any relevant files such as screenshots that would help us understand the issue quickly.
- When ready, click the Create ticket button. You will see the following screen:
- Click the Invite agent to dashboard button if you need them to view your dashboard and help out with a remote session.
- To send the agent a message, type it in the new message field and click the Send You can also use the small attachment icon to add any additional files or screenshots.
- Near the bottom of the screen, you will see all the conversations between you and the agent(s). Clicking the small left arrow icon will copy an existing message into the new message field. This is helpful for example, when you want to quote a previous conversation.
Viewing / following up with existing support tickets
- Click MY ACCOUNT then click the SUPPORT tab to view all your support tickets:
- You can search for a ticket by keywords or filter it by category or status (Pending/Solved). Note that, the ticket status is updated by our agent.
- Click the Subject link of a support ticket to open it. You can then view the conversation, send new messages, or invite agent to view your dashboard. See step 8-10 under Creating a new support ticket for more information.