Option 1: By Using an Anomaly Rule (On-Premise Deployment Only)
You can detect employee ideal rate and productivity rate by creating an Anomaly Rule and get notified if they increase or drop. To create such an anomaly rule, do the following:
Click BEHAVIOR > Anomaly rule. Click the button near the top right corner of the screen. This will pop-up a small window. Choose CREATE NEW RULE icon from this window. This will open the anomaly rule editor:
2. Enter a name for the rule under the RULE NAME field.
3. Click in the APPLIES TO field and select the users the rule will apply to.
4. Click the WHAT TRIGGERS THE RULE drop-down menu and select either Activity: Productivity or Activity: Idle rate depending on what you want to measure.
5. Click the the first field under CONDITIONS and select a parameter. If you choose Productivity or Rate, you can measure the percentage of productivity or idle time for the selected user(s). If you use the Anomaly baseline option, then Teramind will use an algorithm to determine if the users' productivity or idle rate is outside a baseline. This can be the user’s current behavior compared to their past behavior; an employee’s behavior compared to their departmental baseline; or an employee’s behavior compared to the baseline of the entire organization. One you have selected the the parameter value for first field, you will be able to then choose values to compare in the 2nd and 3rd fields.
6. Set a risk level by clicking the RISK bar.
7. You can turn the ACCUMULATES RISK option on/off. This will determine whether the rule should be counted multiple times per day on multiple violations
8. Click the NOTIFY field and select the users who will be notified when this rule is triggered.
9. Click the SAVE AND LAUNCH RULE to finish editing the rule and launch it.
Option 2: By Using an Agent Schedule Rule
You can create a Agent Scheduled rule to detect idle time. To do so:
1. Click the BEHAVIOR > Policies. This will open the Behavior Policies screen:
2. Click the ADD RULE FOR THIS POLICY button under a policy where you want to add this rule. This will open the Rule Editor:
3. On the left side of the screen, click the General tab.
4. Give the rule a name.
5. Select Agent schedule from the Rule Category section.
6. Click the CONTINUE This will take you to the User tab:
7. Enter users/departments in the APPLY RULE TO field.
8. Optionally, you can exclude select users by selecting them in the EXCLUDE FROM RULE. For example, if you want to apply the rule to a department except for a few users, this option would be handy.
9. Optionally, you can turn on the INHERIT POLICY SETTINGS. This will use the user settings from the policy itself. Check out the Behavior > Policies section on the User Guide to learn more about policies.
10. Click the CONTINUE button. This will take you to the Schedule tab:
11. From the SELECT TYPE OF SCHEDULE VIOLATION menu, select the Idle option.
12. In the DEFINE THE TIME RANGE field, specify the idle time in minutes.
13. Optionally you can set off-hours/breaks under SETUP OFF-HOURS. Click the small - or + buttons and then drag the sliders to set up off-hours. The rule will not be applied during these off-hours.
14. Click the CONTINUE button. This will take you to the Actions tab:
15. Select an action and specify the action parameters. For example, you can use the NOTIFY action to alert the HR personnel about the user’s idle time. Check out the Defining Rule Actions section on the Rules Guide to learn more about rule actions.
16. Click the SAVE & LAUNCH RULE button.