Before you begin the remote install, make sure that Antivirus exceptions are properly configured (if not, you will get a pipe not ready error).
There are several ways you can deploy the agent:
1. Using the Group Policy Object (GPO)
Group policy object (GPO) based installation requires Active Directory. You will also need the agent MSI installation package.
Getting the MSI Package
1 Click the Username near the top-right corner of the Teramind Dashboard. A pop-up menu will be displayed.
2. From the pop-up menu, click the Download Teramind Agent option. You will be taken to the agent download screen:
3. Choose No when asked, ‘Do you want your users to know that they are being monitored?’. You will be given a few options to download the agent:
4. Click the WINDOWS / 64-BIT button to download the MSI package.
Deploying the Agent with GPO
1. For more information about any additional parameters you can use, check out the Agent Installation Parameters table on the How to download and install the Teramind Agent article.
2. After that, please create a Group Policy Object and select ‘Advanced‘ option and specify the .msi file.
2. Using the Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM/SCOM) Tool
Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) or System Center Operations Manager (SCOM) can be used to deploy Teramind the same way as you deploy through GPO.
For more information about SCCM/SCOM, please consult the Microsoft documentation.
3. Using the Microsoft Intune Endpoint Management Service
You can use Microsoft Intune to deploy the MSI package. Here's a blog article that explains how to use Intune.
4. Using the PSEXEC Tool
Sysinternals psexec is a third party tool which allows to execute commands remotely. You can download it from the Microsoft site. You can use it as follows:
psexec \\<target_machine> -u <admin_username> -p <admin_password> -s msiexec /i <MSI url> /qn
Replace the text inside the <> brackets with your own information. For example:
psexec \\marklaptop -u marklaptop\mark -p MyP@ssword -s msiexec /i "c:\download\teramind_agent_v23.47.1301_x64.msi" /qn
Enrolling: Adding Users to the Dashboard
If you have installed the Revealed Agent on a user's computer, you will need to add them to the Teramind Dashboard so that they can be tracked. This article, How to add an employee / user / computer? shows you how you can do it.
The Hidden Agent does not require this step.