Step 1: Generate the CSR
- First, you need to generate a Certificate Signing Request (CSR). You can do so at: csrgenerator.com.
- Submit the CSR to Godaddy. On godaddy’s site, paste in that CSR generated.
- Specify the web server (Apache, IIS, etc…).
- Choose other (for nginx), and then it will let you download two files. One of these will be the godaddy root CA key, the other will be the public key.
- In the CSR you originally created, copy just the private key, and paste that into a new file.
Step 2: Add the certificate on Teramind Dashboard
Login to your Teramind dashboard and do the following:
- Click the Gear icon near the top-right corner of the dashboard
- Click Settings.
- Select the Security tab.
- Under the Host section, in the HOSTNAME field, enter the common-name you used in the previous step (i.e.
- Click the SAVE button.
- Click Select file next to SELECT PRIVATE KEY and upload your private key from Godaddy.
- Click Select file next to SELECT PUBLIC KEY and upload your public key from Godaddy.
- Click Select file next to SELECT ROOT CA KEY and upload your root ca key from Godaddy.
- Click the VALIDATE KEYS button.
- Click Save.