Introduction to Dashboards
The dashboard is the place where a manager or administrator can have a quick snapshot of what's happening in the company. The dashboards are easy to configure using drag-and-drop widgets.
Accessing the Dashboard Menu
1. To switch among dashboards, hover your mouse over the DASHBOARD menu, then
2. Select a dashboard from the sub-menu.
The Focus dashboard is designed for department managers, security analysts and administrators who might want to view detailed information on online employees, user activities or a live montage of online users.
Enterprise dashboard is primarily useful for business owners, executives, senior management, HR management and CSOs who might want to keep an eye on the organization’s overall security and productivity health. As such, this dashboard focuses on Enterprise KPIs.
Creating a New Custom Dashboard
There are two ways you can create a new custom dashboard that's specific to your needs:
1. Hover your mouse over the DASHBOARD menu, then click the Green CREATE DASHBOARD at the bottom of the sub-menu.
2. Or, click the DASHBOARD menu, which will take you to a screen titled, List of dashboards. Click the Green NEW DASHBOARD button on this screen.
3. On the pop-up window, give your dashboard a unique name and optionally, a description.
4. You can also make it the default dashboard by enabling the DEFAULT DASHBOARD checkbox.
5. Click CREATE to save the dashboard.
Editing / Deleting a Dashboard
1. Click the EDIT button on the top right corner.
2. On the pop-up window, you can change the name and description of the dashboard.
3. You can also make it the default dashboard by enabling the DEFAULT DASHBOARD checkbox.
4. To delete the dashboard, click the Trash Can icon. Note that, if you have only one dashboard, it cannot be deleted.
Widgets are tiles that displays snippets of information on a particular activity or KPI. Teramind has many widgets you can place on your dashboard according to your need.
The widgets are placed on a virtual grid. They can be moved around on it. When you move or resize a widget, other widgets around it will reposition themselves to make room for it.
Good to know: If you set the Dashboard’s date to current date (Today), the data of all the widgets will refresh automatically every 5 minutes.
Widget Types and Usage
There are three different types of widgets you can choose from:
Shows the time spent on each application.
Shows the time spent on each web page.
Shows network usage by time, bytes or connections count.
Shows behavioral and productivity data in a combined table format with trend graphs comparing select metrics.
Shows the data of all the currently online employees.
State of Employees
Shows no of employees online, idle, late, absent etc.
Shows a live montage of the desktops of online employees.
Shows the latest snapshots of the employees’ screens.
Shows a list of employee activates for the given time range.
Similar to Activity log, but for emailing only.
Shows a log of all commands run on the command prompt.
Shows a log of all keystrokes pressed by the users.
Time Worked / Hours Rating
Rates the employees by the hours they have worked.
Activity / Productivity Rating
Rates the employees by their productivity.
Rates the employees by their payroll.
Shows the money spent on each employee.
Shows the money spent on each department.
Shows the wage/salary spent on each task.
Shows the time spent on each task.
Security and Risk Widgets
Alerts / Notifications Log
Shows a log of all alerts and notifications.
Shows risky users, rules or activities.
Adding Widgets to the Dashboard
1. Click the ADD WIDGETS button on the top right corner of a dashboard.
2. On the Add widgets pop-up window, click on the MONITORING, PRODUCTIVITY or the SECURITY AND RISK tab.
3. A small Orange Circle in the corner indicates that the widget is already used on the dashboard.
4. To add a widget to the dashboard, click the ADD TO REPORT button. You can add multiple copies of a widget. You can then configure each widget to show the same type of information (such as App Usage) but for different employees, departments or other criteria. This way, you can compare between them.
Moving and Resizing the Widgets
1. To move a widget, click and drag its title/header. As you move the widget around, other widgets will rearrange themselves to make space for it automatically.
2. To resize a widget, hover over the bottom-right corner of the widget. A small triangle will appear. Click and drag the triangle to resize the widget. As you resize the widget, other widgets will rearrange themselves to make space for it automatically.
Configuring / Editing a Widget
1. Click the Cog Wheel/Gear button on the top right corner of a widget to access its settings window.
2. On the pop-up window, you can assign the widget a name and filter the employees you want to display on the widget. Note that, some widgets may have additional settings and filters you can use to further fine tune what information is displayed on the widget.
Removing Widgets from the Dashboard
1. Click the “X” button on the top right corner of a widget to remove it from the dashboard. The widgets around it will automatically rearrange to fill up the empty space. Note that, any changed you made to the widget’s settings or filters will be lost when you remove it from the dashboard.