- Agent asks management server for application server IP and port
- Application server responds
- Teramind agent connects to its server
- OCR Miner talks to management server and asks for a record to process
- Management server fetches a screen file from S3 and sends to OCR miner node
- Once OCR is done, miner sends results as text to management server
- Management server writes OCR result text to Elasticsearch
The management server serves the admin dashboard, load balances agents, and provides data to OCR miner nodes. The Teramind agent connects to an application server via an always-on, TLS-encrypted connection, using our own protocol based on Google Protocol Buffers. OCR miners are stateless and work with spot instances.