Sometime you might see an error message like the one below when downloading or updating the Agent. In most cases, this happens with the Silent Agent with a MSI installer.
You might see this message for a number of reasons:
- Your antivirus software is blocking the installer.
- You do not have the account privileges to execute software installations.
- The installer file is corrupted.
- Windows UAC (User Access Control) is working in auto-accept mode.
- Windows doesn't allow to download the agent software via CMD or Powershell (due to SSL/TLS limited support) and this error will be displayed during the MSI-package deploy via CMD or remotely (On-Premise).
Follow one of the remedies below according to the cause:
- Disable your antivirus software temporarily or add exceptions. Check out this article for help: Antivirus Configuration Overview.
- Try running the installer as an administrator (right click the installer file and select the Run as administrator option).
- Download the installer again (make sure you selected right type of agent (Hidden/Revealed), right OS (Windows/Mac) and right executable (32/64 bit - MSI).
- Use the UAC in active mode or disable it. Check out Windows help or ask your administrator to learn how to change the UAC settings.
- Correct the agent package link so it will be http rather then https to avoid SSL/TLS error.