When you create a new rule, by default it’s automatically turned on. You can edit a rule even when it’s running. Any changes you make to the rule will be enforced immediately if the user is online and connected to the Teramind server or as soon as they connect.
Rules are enforced depending on what type of Teramind Agent is installed on the user’s computer:
If the user is using a Stealth Agent:
- Regular Rules: The rule will be enforced according to any Rule Schedule you have setup or for 24/7 if no such schedule exists. The rule will be enforced even if the user is offline or disconnected from the Teramind server.
- Anomaly Rules: Since an anomaly rule does not have a schedule, it will run for 24/7.
If the user is using a Revealed Agent:
- Regular Rules: The rule will only be enforced when the user has logged in to the Agent and clicked the Start button to begin their shift. The rule will still follow any Rule Schedule you have setup. The rule will continue to be enforced until the user clicks the Stop button to end their shift or as soon as the rule schedule has ended – whichever comes first.
- Anomaly Rules: Since an anomaly rule does not have a schedule, it will run until the user clicks the Stop button on the Revealed Agent.
You can manually turn a rule on/off from the Teramind Dashboard. To do so:
- Regular Rules: You can manually control the rules from the Behavior Policies screen. To access the Behavior Policies screen, click the BEHAVIOR > Policies menu.
Use the ON/OFF button next to a rule’s name to turn it on or off. You can also use the ON/OFF button next to the Policy’s name for which the rule is a part of. If you turn off the policy, all rules under the policy will be deactivated even if the individual rules are turned on. If the policy is turned on, the rules that has the ON status will be activated and the OFF rules will remain inactive.
- Anomaly Rules: The only way to turn off an anomaly rule is to remove it from the Anomaly rules screen. To access the Anomaly rules screen, click the BEHAVIOR > Anomaly rules menu.
Click the X button besides an anomaly rule to remove it.