There are two permissions required for the Mac Agent to function properly. One is related to Accessibility (that might affect how activities such as web site visits, keystrokes logging etc. are captured in Teramind) and another for Screen Recording (affects screen snapshots, screen recording, OCR etc.).
Follow the steps below the set them up.
- Click the Search icon from your Mac menu.
- Type ‘terminal’ in the search box to find the Terminal app. Select the Terminal app and press Enter to run it.
- For the Hidden Agent, type the following command on the Terminal window and press Enter:
sudo killall tmagent; open /usr/local/teramind/agent/bin/tmagent.app --args permissions
For the Revealed Agent, type the following command on the Terminal window and press Enter:
sudo killall tmui; open '/usr/local/teramind/agent/bin/Teramind Agent.app' --args permissions
A pop-up window similar to the below will appear:
- On the Accessibility Access pop-up window, click the Open System Preferences button. This will take you to the Accessibility settings option.
- On the Security & Privacy settings window, first click the Lock icon at the bottom to unlock the settings.
- Then, click the checkmark next to the Teramind Agent to grant it the accessibility permission. Do not close this window yet.
- On the same Security & Privacy settings window, scroll up/down to find the Screen Recording item on the left. Select it.
- Click the checkmark next to the Teramind Agent to grant it screen recording permission. This will open a pop-up window.
- Click the Quit Now button when the system shows, “tmagent” will not be able to… warning message. The Agent will restart and should work properly from now on.