The how-to tutorial video below shows how you can use Teramind to detect sensitive information such as PII (Personally identifiable information), PHI (Protected Health information), PFI (Personal Financial Information) etc. for compliance purposes such as GDPR, HIPAA, PCI DSS etc. and to prevent data loss:
- You can use a Content-based rule to detect sensitive content in a range of monitored objects such as Emails, Files, IM etc.
- Use the OCR-rule to detect onscreen text.
- Use the Classified Data in a Content-based rule to detect Financial Data (such as credit card numbers), Health Data (such as common drug names), Personally Identifiable Data (such as names, addresses, social security numbers) etc.
- Create your own data definitions using Regular Expressions, Keywords or plain text.
- Create Shared List or upload your own list for network addresses, website addresses or other keywords. Then use the shared list with a rule to detect those items.