Introduction to the Computers
The Computers screen shows all the computers you have added to Teramind, when they were last seen, online counts, currently online users/agents, IP addresses, operation systems and the what versions of the Teramind Agent they are using.
Accessing the Computers Menu
- Click the COMPUTERS menu to access its screen.
Remote Installing the Teramind Agent
- Click the REMOTE INSTALL AGENTS button near the top-right corner of the screen. You will be taken to the Remote Agent Installation screen where you can deploy the Agent remotely.
- Under the Select Target Computers section, you can select the computers where you want the Agent to be installed. If you have integrated Active Directory/LDAP with Teramind, you will be able to select/exclude computers by name, groups etc. If you do not have Active Directory integration, then you can select the computers by IP range. You can also upload a .TXT or .CSV file containing IP addresses (1 per line).
- For the MSI Location, if your endpoints are able to access the internet, you can leave the URLs of the Agent locations to their default values. This will fetch the Agent from your local Teramind deployment. Alternatively, you can enter local URLs or network paths where the necessary Agent files (32 bit/64 bit/MSI) are located.
|If you have recently updated your On-Premise server, make sure to update the MSI Location links. Otherwise, it will install the old version of the agent. To learn how to get the latest MSI links see the Getting the MSI Package below.|
- Under Deployment Mode, you can choose between PSEXEC or WMI mechanism to deploy the Agent.
- Under the Credentials section, ensure that the domain administrator credentials, and IP address of the Teramind Server are correct.
- Under the Teramind server, enter host name or IP address of your Teramind server.
- Click the DEPLOY button to begin the installation.
- Back on the main Computers screen, you can Click the DEPLOYMENTS button to see the progress of all ongoing remote deployments.
Computer Action Menu
You can perform various actions such as enable/disable monitoring, enable offline notifications, update the Agent etc.
- Click the check marks in front of the computer names to select computers.
- From the top-left corner of the screen, select the action you want to perform. You can choose from the following actions:
- Enable Monitoring: enables monitoring for all users on the selected computers.
- Disable Monitoring: disables monitoring for all users on the selected computers.
- Delete: Delete / remove a computer.
- Restore: Restore a previously deleted computer.
- Enable notify when offline: when you click this button, you can specify one or more email addresses which will get an email notification whenever the selected computers go offline.
- Disable notify when offline: disables offline notification.
- Uninstall Agent from PC: will uninstall/remove the agent from the computers.
- Update agents: updates the installed Teramind Agent on the selected computers with the latest version.
- Cancel agents update: cancels any pending Agent update tasks.
Accessing a Computer’s Details Page
Click on a computer from the list of computers on the Computers page. You will be taken to the Computer’s details page:
From this page you can view the computers details such as what OS is installed, the IP address, Agent version etc. You can also perform many of the same tasks found on the Computer Action Menu such as enable/disable monitoring, delete a computer, update agent etc. However, there are two new options you can access from the Computer’s details page: viewing/editing the computer’s profile and exporting session recordings. See the sections below for more information.
Exporting Session Recordings of Users/Agents on a Computer
Click the Video Camera icon on a Computer’s details page to export session recordings of select users/agents on the computer. Clicking this button will open a Video params window:
From this window you will be able to specify export date and time, select agents/users and other parameters for exporting the video/session recordings. See the Session Player section to learn more about session recordings.
Editing a Computer’s Settings
Click the EDIT INFO button on a Computer’s details page to access its settings:
You can change the following settings from the Computer settings window:
- CLEAN PRINT SPOOL (FOR PRINT SERVERS): This option is available when the Teramind Agent is installed on a print server. When Clean Print Spool is enabled, the Teramind Agent will check the print spooler every 10 minutes and delete documents older than 6 hours.
- NOTIFY WHEN OFFLINE: When you click this button, you can specify one or more email addresses which will get an email notification whenever the selected computers go offline. Note that, same option is available under the Computer Action Menu.
- OVERRIDE: DELETE RECORDINGS OLDER THAN …: This option lets you delete recording older than certain days. A value other than 0 will override the delete settings you have specified in the ‘DELETE HISTORY AFTER…’ field on the Monitoring Settings> Screen