Introduction to the Shared Lists
The Shared Lists screen allows you to build a list of items that can be reused throughout Teramind. You can build lists of websites, IP addresses, program names, and more. These shared lists can be used when defining behavior rules, as well as in monitoring settings.
You can see all the existing lists including their name, type, number of items in the list etc. You can create, edit or delete shared lists from this screen.
Accessing the Shared Lists Menu
- Hover your mouse over the CONFIGURE menu, then
- Select Shared lists from the sub-menu.
Creating / Uploading a Shared List
- On the Shared List screen, click the Create list button near the top-right corner of the Shared List screen. A window will pop-up.
- Enter a name for the list.
- Select a list type. You can choose from Text, Regular Expressions and Networking types. Text list is useful for simple data such as names, website URLs etc. Regular Expressions is a powerful list type that can be used to detect patterns and specially formatted text such as credit card numbers, zip/postal codes etc. Networking list types are used for defining IP addresses and ports. Network lists can be used with the Network-based rules or to control Network monitoring settings.
- Click the Create List button. You will be taken to a screen where you can add list items or upload a file.
- Click the add file button to upload a .CSV or .TXT file containing your list item. Each item should be in a separate line in the file for Teramind to import it correctly.
- You can also click the Add new row button to enter items manually one by one.
- If you’ve entered an item manually, click the Save button to save it.
Editing / Downloading a Shared List
- On the Shared List screen, click the Pencil button at the right side of a shared list. You will be taken to a screen where you can edit the list.
- To download a copy of the list, replace the list or to append news items to a list from a file; click the Download list file button.
- To add a new item/row, click the Add new row button.
- To edit an item/row, click the Pencil button.
- To delete an item/row, click the X button.
Deleting a Shared List
- On the Shared List screen, click the Trash Can button at the right side of a shared list to delete/remove it.