Introduction to the Session Player
Teramind visually captures every action that a user makes while on a machine in real-time. Teramind also saves this information complete with meta-data and indexes for later processing. Hence, the Session Player supports both Live View and History Playback features.
With the Live Mode, the Session Player turns into a fully functional remote desktop client. You can view a real-time stream of the user’s desktop, take remote control of it, freeze input or lock out the user.
Note that, the Live Mode is available only when a user is online. You will see the ‘Live’ indicator on top of the player turns Orange when the session player is in Live Mode.
History Playback Mode
With the History Playback Mode, you can use the Session Player to view previous desktop session recordings of the user.
Both modes allow you to see detailed list of Notifications and Activities related to the user. If Audio recording is enabled, you can also hear recordings of both sound outputs and inputs (speakers/line-out, microphone/line-in). Finally, you can forward the recordings to select email addresses or download them as MP4 files.
- Use the Play/Pause buttons to play/pause the video.
- Use the Rewind, Fast Forward, Beginning/End buttons to control the playback. Note that, these controls aren’t available on the Live View mode.
- Use the Speaker button to turn sound on/off.
- You can also drag the Play Head to move back and forth on the recording timeline.
- When Notifications is turned on (see the Viewing Notifications and Activities section), you can click a Notification Indicator to jump to a time where a rule violation incident occurred.
Live Mode Controls
There are three special buttons available on the Live Mode, using which you can control the user’s desktop.
- Invoking the Task Manager (Windows): Use the Warning button to send CTL+ALT+DEL command to the user’s computer. This will bring up the Windows Task Manager screen, where you can access options to change the account password, switch a user etc.
- Freezing User Input: Use the Padlock button to freeze/unfreeze user’s input. When input is frozen the user won’t be able to use their keyboard or mouse.
- Remote Control: Use the Remote-Control button to take full control of the user computer.
- Use the Camera button to take a screenshot of the desktop and save it as a PNG file.
Downloading / Exporting Videos
- Click the Cloud Download button. A pop-up window will open.
- On the Video params pop-up window, select a date and specify time range, video speed and an email address. You can also disable audio if wanted. Click the Start export button.
- Once the video is ready, an email will be sent to the specified email address(es) with a link to the video for download.
|You can view a list of all the exported videos and download them from the System > Video Export screen. Note, some restrictions apply. See the Viewing and Downloading Exported Reports article for more information.|
|Note that, if domain restriction is enabled for exporting data, then you can only send export emails within that domain. If it’s left blank, then any email addresses can be used. Check out the Outgoing Exported Data section for more information.|
Viewing Notifications and Activities
- Click the Notification button.
- You will see a list where you can switch between Notifications and Activities. You can also search for an activity using the search button.
- Click on any notification/activity to move the Player Head to the time when the notification/activity occurred.
Viewing / Adding / Removing Tags
You can add custom tags to the video for auditing, tracking or other purposes. Tags let you mark a time on the video and add a label to it. You can also add notes.
- Click on the Notifications icon
- Select the Tags tab. You will see a list of existing tags (if any).
- Click the Add new tag link to create a tag. This will open a pop-up window where you can specify the tag details such as tag name, date, time and notes.
- Click on a Tag to move the player head to the time the tag was created.
- Click the X button to delete a tag.