Insider threats come from people with intimate knowledge of an organization's internal affairs, including current and former employees, contractors, vendors or associates. Insider threats carry devious intentions, weather leaking important information to the public or competitors, or threatening security through exposing sensitive data. The best way to expose and prevent insider threats is by identifying malicious intent before action is taken. Teramind keeps you up to date and aware of all user activity, allowing you to detect disgruntled employees first, rather than letting them become a serious issue. The software also allows you to restrict certain actions that could be tied to insider threats, as well as review recordings of all activity in order to conduct in-depth investigations into potential security risks.
Here are some rule examples to get you started:
- Rule Example: How to block or redirect a website?
- Rule Example: How to restrict social media usage?
- Rule Example: How to prevent installation of unauthorized applications?
- Rule Example: How to block the use of external drives / USB drives?
- Rule Example: How to block sensitive emails?
- Rule Example: How to block unauthorized file transfers?
- Rule Example: How to block clipboard copy/paste
- Rule Example: How to track / restrict printer usage?
- Rule Example: How to prevent sharing of PII, PHI, PFI and other sensitive content?
- Rule Example: How to detect sensitive content onscreen, inside an image or video?
- Rule Example: How to identify discrepancies in employee work time or schedule?
- Rule Example: How to detect and block suspicious network activities?
- How to track employee idle time for an application?