Introduction to the Access Control
The Access Control screen allows you to control which users/managers have access to what information on the Teramind Dashboard and the settings they are allowed to change. On Teramind, access control is implemented through policies. A policy is composed of the following elements:
- Privileged Users: They are the users/managers who monitor certain groups of people (Target Users/Subjects).
|Note that, you cannot add any admins as the Privileged Users. Admins have their own access control policy set at the account level. For more information, check out this article: How to change a user’s account access level / role permission.|
- Target Users / Subjects: These are the regular users monitored by the Privileged Users.
- Permission: Defines what the privileged user can do with the information of the Target Users under their responsibility. The permission is grouped into Play, View, Edit and Access Widgets categories.
The main window of the Access Control screen shows a list of policies, privileges and the subjects they manage. You can create a new policy or edit an existing one from this window.
Accessing the Access Control Menu
- Hover your mouse over the CONFIGURE menu, then
- Select Access control from the sub-menu.
Creating a New Access Control Policy
- Click the New policy button at the top-right corner of the Access Control screen. A window will pop-up.
- Enter a name for the policy, select the privileged users (for example, Department Managers) the policy will apply to then click the SAVE button. You will be taken to the Create policy screen. Continue with the Access Control Policy Editor section below to learn how you can assign target users and adjust the permission settings for a policy.
|Note that, you cannot add any admins in this field as admins have their own access control policy set at the account level. For more information, check out this article: How to change a user’s account access level / role permission.|
Viewing / Editing / Deleting an Access Control Policy
- Click on a policy from the list of policies on the main Access Control screen. You will be taken to the View policy screen where you can see the details for the policy.
- On the View policy screen, click the EDIT button to edit the policy. You will be taken to the Edit policy screen. Continue with the Access Control Policy Editor section below to learn how to edit the policy.
- On the View policy screen, Click the DELETE button to delete the policy.
Access Control Policy Editor
The Access Control Policy Editor allows you to edit a policy. You access it through the Create policy / Edit policy screens (see the previous sections to learn how to create/edit a policy).
- Specify a policy name and select the privileged users (for example Department Managers) the access permission will be granted to.
- Click the Create permission button to create a new permission.
- Click the Select all targets button to select all target users or the Deselect all targets button to deselect them.
- Click the Show all link to show all users or the Show only selected link to show only selected target users.
- Click on a target user’s name to select/deselect them.
- Click the Select all permissions button to select all permissions or the Deselect all permissions button to deselect them.
- Click on a permission category to expand or collapse it.
- Click on a permission item to select/deselect it.
- Click the Save changes button to save the policy.