|Note that, department managers can only view/manager the employees in their respective department(s). Check out this article to learn what permission level a department manager has.|
Introduction to the Departments
On the Departments screen, you can see a list of all the departments, how many employees are in each department, who the department managers are etc. You can also create/edit departments and assign managers to them.
Accessing the Departments Menu
- Hover your mouse over the CONFIGURE menu, then
- Select Departments from the sub-menu.
Creating a New Department
- Click the NEW DEPARTMENT button. A New department window will pop-up:
- Specify a name and optionally, a description. Select the departmental mangers from the list of employees.
- Select the employees for the department. You can also assign a employee to this department later. Check out the Assigning an Employee to a Department section below to learn how.
- Click the APPLY CHANGES button to create the department.
|Note that, you can't assign an employee to multiple departments. If you add an employee who is already in another department, they will be removed from that department and added to the new department. You can however, have a department manager assigned to multiple departments.|
Viewing the Employees in a Department
- Click on the name of a department, for example, Sales. You will be taken to the Department page.
- On the left side of the Department page, you will see a list of employees assigned to the department.
- Check out the Entering / Editing Employee Profiles section to learn how to assign an employee to a department.
- On the right-side of the page, you will see a Gantt chart with a list of tasks for each employee and how much time they spent on each task. Check out the Rules Editor > Actions tab section, under ‘Set User’s Active Task’ to learn how tasks can be assigned to an employee automatically by a rule when using a Stealth Agent. Or, check out the Using the Revealed Agent section to learn how Tasks can be created and self-assigned by users with the Revealed Agent.
Assigning an Employee to a Department
You can assign an employee to a department when creating a department. But you can also change an employees's department from the employee's profile:
- Select the EMPLOYEES menu.
- Click on an employee's name to open their page.
- Click the EDIT INFO button.
- You can change the Department for the employee under the PERSONAL INFO tab:
Editing / Deleting a Department
- While on the Department page, click the EDIT button at the top-right corner. An Edit department window will appear (similar to the New department window) where you can change the department’s name, description and managers.
- While on the Department page, click the DELETE button at the top-right corner to delete the department.