Introduction to the Employees
The Employees screen is where all your employees and other users are listed. You can see when a user logged in, which computer they logged in from, their status (i.e. active, idle, locked etc.) and if they are currently being monitored.
From the Employees screen, you can also perform actions such as add/import/delete/restore employees, lock/unlock their computers etc.
Accessing the Employees Menu
- Click the EMPLOYEES menu to access its screen.
Adding a New Employee
- Click the NEW EMPLOYEE button near the top of the screen. A pop-up window will open where you can edit the employee’s profile details such as their personal information, account security, monitoring options etc. See the following section to learn how to enter these details for a new employee.
Entering / Editing Employee Profiles
When either creating a new employee or editing an existing employee, a pop-up window will open where you can enter/edit the employee details such as their personal information, account information, authentication and monitoring options:
Here are some of the actions you can use:
On the first tab of the employee details window, you can enter the user’s personal details such as names, contact info, department, position etc. You can also upload a photo for the employee. If you enter any wage/salary information, you will be able to see the user’s contribution on the Productivity widgets and the Productivity report.
On this tab, you can specify the user’s default task (if the employee is using a Hidden Agent). You can also set their access level. There are four types of access levels you can choose from:
On this tab, you can also specify other account security settings, such as: if the employee can view their own dashboard, what reports they can access, if they are an external user etc.
Finally, you can change the password for the employee here.
Here you can enable/disable 2-Factor Authentication for the user. Scan the barcode in your 2FA application (such as Authy or Google Authenticator) then apply the code from the application in the Code from Authenticator app field.
On this tab, you can specify which monitoring profile to use for this employee and also manually control what they will be tracked for. Check out the Changing the Monitoring Settings article to learn more about monitoring profiles.
On this last tab, you can see which productivity profile is used for this employee. However, you cannot edit it from here. To learn how to edit a productivity profile, check out the Productivity Profiles section of the User Guide.
Adding Employee and Sending Invitation
After entering/editing the user details, do the following:
If you are adding a new employee:
- Click the ADD USER & SEND INVITATION button to add the new employee and send them an invitation to install the Teramind Agent.
- Click the ADD USER button to just add the user without sending an invitation.
If you are editing an existing employee:
- Click the RESEND INVITATION button to send the employee an invitation to install the Teramind Agent.
- Click the APPLY CHANGES button to save any changes you have made to the profile.
- Click the IMPORT button near the top of the Employees screen. You will be taken to the Import employee screen.
- Click the UPLOAD CSV FILE button to upload a CSV file containing employee information.
- If you want, you can click the DOWLOAD SAMPLE CSV button to download a sample CSV file that shows you how the CSV file containing a list of employees should be formatted for importing into Teramind.
- Additionally, there is a table at the lower part of the screen that shows what CSV fields Teramind can import, their expected values and which fields are mandatory.
- Turn on the Invite users by email to send out invitations to install the Teramind Agent to the newly added employees.
Employee Action Menu
You can perform various actions such as lock/unlock a user, delete/restore their profile or enable/disable monitoring for them.
- Click the check mark in front of the employee names to select employees.
- From the top-left corner of the screen, select the action you want to perform. Here are the actions you can perform:
- Lock: locks a user’s computer. The Status column on the employees list will change to show it as locked. When a computer is locked, the user will not be able to use it.
- Unlock: unlocks a user’s computer previously locked by the Lock menu option or by a rule’s ‘Lock Out User’ action.
- Delete: deletes the selected user. Note that, when you delete a user, they are not permanently deleted, just excluded from the reports.
- Restore: restores previously deleted employee(s).
- Enable Monitoring: enables monitoring for a user.
- Disable Monitoring: disables monitoring for a user. The Monitored column will change to show the user is no longer being monitored.
Viewing an Employee’s Monitoring Reports
If you click an employee name from the list of employees, you will be taken to the Employee’s page where you can see their detailed reports such as, Activity Log (similar to the Web Pages & Applications Report), Session Log, Time Worked, Alert Log etc.
|Check out the Viewing User Activity with the Monitoring Reports article and the individual monitoring reports for an explanation of the information they provide.|
These reports are similar to the other monitoring reports except for the Time Worked screen:
- The Time Worked screen shows slightly different information compared to the Productivity Reports. It shows Task, Work Time, Activity, Idle, First Launch and Total salary/wage.
- You can also edit the employee’s profile or turn off their monitoring settings from this screen.
Editing / Deleting an Employee
- Click the EDIT INFO button from the Employee’s page. A pop-up window will open where you can edit their profile information. Check out the Entering / Editing Employee Profiles section to learn how to edit the profile.
- Click the small, Red Trash Can icon to delete the employee. Note that when you delete an employee, they are not permanently deleted, just excluded from the reports. You can also delete/restore an employee from the Employee Action Menu.