Getting started with Teramind is very easy and takes only a few steps:
Step 1: Sign up
Sign up for a free trial of Teramind Starter, Teramind UAM or Teramind DLP by clicking the button below:
Step 2 [optional]: Deploy the Server (On-Premise / Private Cloud)
|Skip this step if you are on Teramind Cloud. You don’t need to deploy any server with Teramind Cloud. It’s fully managed by Teramind.|
These guides can help you with deploying and setting up the Teramind server:
Step 3: Install the Agent
Install the Teramind Agent on the target computers or invite the employees to install it themselves. This is really the only action the user needs to perform but the admin can also remotely install the agent for them without "requiring" the user to do anything. Check out the article, How to download and install the Teramind Agent.
If you encounter any issues while installing the Agent, check out this troubleshooting article, How to address Teramind Agent installation failures.
|To learn what platforms and OSes are supported by the Agent, check out the Teramind Agent specifications and supported platforms article|
Step 4: Start Using Teramind!
As soon as the Agent is installed, you will see data showing up on the Dashboard. At this point, you are ready to use Teramind. Each customer has their own requirements and use cases, That's the reason, we don't usually provide a standard workflow. Here are some recommendations that might be helpful for you:
- Add the employees and computers you would like to monitor (if they are using a Revealed Agent).
- Set up any departments/groups if you need. This will make it easier for creating monitoring profiles or productivity reports by department.
- Adjust the monitoring settings according to your organization's requirements. For example, you can turn video capture on/off, exclude apps/websites you don't want to monitor etc.
- Modify any sample policies and rules that came with the package according to your need. For example, you might see a sample rule named 'Outbound email w/attachment to a different domain'. You obviously would want to change the Mail To condition of the rule to correspond to your company's domain:
- Create productivity profiles so that you get an accurate result on the productivity reports.
- Configure access control policies if you have more than one administrator.
- Setup schedules if you have hourly employees/contractors etc.
- User Guide: to learn how to use different features of the Teramind Dashboard.
- Rules Guide: to learn how to create sophisticated rules to detect insider threats, prevent data loss, increase employee productivity and more.
- How-to Articles: short, topic specific articles on the most common features and how to use them.
- How-to Videos: tutorial videos and walk-through on many useful topics.
- Support: contact our support team if you need help at any time.