|If you have an On-Premise account, click here.|
Before you begin the remote install, make sure that Antivirus exceptions are properly configured (if not, you will get a pipe not ready error).
There are three ways you can deploy the agent:
1. Using the Group Policy Object (GPO)
Group policy object (GPO) based installation requires Active Directory. You will also need the agent MSI installation package.
Getting the MSI Package
Open your Teramind web dashboard, click on ‘download Teramind agent’ at top-right
Right click and select ‘copy link address’ as per below to get url into clipboard
Deploying the Agent with GPO
|There are many online articles that describe how to create GPO in case you need help.|
- For more information about any additional parameters you can use, check out the Agent Installation Parameters table on the How to download and install the Teramind Agent article.
- After that, please create a Group Policy Object and select ‘Advanced‘ option and specify the .msi file.
2. Using the Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM/SCOM) Tool
Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) or System Center Operations Manager (SCOM) can be used to deploy Teramind the same way as you deploy through GPO.
For more information about SCCM/SCOM, please consult the Microsoft documentation.
3. Using the PSEXEC Tool
|Before you start the deployment, make sure ports 139 and 445 are open and listening on the target user's machine (not the server), allowed by firewall (you can check it with telnet from your Teramind server).|
Sysinternals psexec is a third party tool which allows to execute commands remotely. You can download it from the Microsoft site. You can use it as follows:
psexec \\the_target_machine -u admin_username -p admin_password -s msiexec /i <MSI url> /qn
Replace the italic text with your information.
4. Enrolling: Adding Users to the Dashboard
If you have installed the Revealed Agent, on a user's computer, you will need to add them to the Teramind Dashboard so that they can be tracked. This article, How to add an employee / user / computer? shows you how you can do it.
Hidden Agent does not require this step.